Now that the weather has cooled off, The Dillard House would like to share our famous Fried Chicken and Cabbage Casserole Recipe with our fans along with a great cookware giveaway. Included in this post are current specials and great activities for you to enjoy the next time you visit us. I hope you will enjoy our latest post and please email Natalie @ firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
September is the perfect month to escape to the mountains because of the cool nights and crisp days we are enjoying. The Dillard House is offering the following specials below.
Special through Sunday, September 22, 2013
Two Complimentary Full Dillard House Breakfasts for all NEW reservations- Hotel Only weekend and weekday.
- Chalets and Cottages will be receiving Weekday Rates for the weekend of September 20th-22nd
- Only applies to New Reservations
The Dillard House's Famous Fried Chicken Recipe
Vegetable or Peanut Oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tsp Tony Chachere's CEREOL SEASONING
2 eggs beaten
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of regular milk
1 cup of all purpose flour
2 pounds of chicken tenders or chicken breasts and legs
1. Salt and pepper chicken and place in a large bowl with buttermilk, milk and eggs.
2. Combine flour, creole seasoning and paprika in a large plastic zip lock bag. Place chicken in bag and shake bag so that each piece of chicken is well coated.
3. Pour 2 inches of vegetable oil or peanut oil into a large frying pan or cast iron skillet. Heat oil on high and gently lower the chicken into the oil with tongs. The typical fry time is ten minutes and your will need to turn the chicken a couple of times and fry in 2 batches. Once chicken is golden brown removed and place on a plate with a paper towel. Yields 4 servings.
The Dillard House chefs only use Gastrolux Frying pans because this is the only cookware that we have found that cooks evenly and fast. The cookware is very durable and has the best non-stick surface on the market.
We love Gastrolux so much that we are going to give two people a Gastrolux frying pan. To enter the giveaway simply share this blog on Facebook and start following our blog. We will announce the lucky winners on Facebook September, Tuesday17th
Click Here to view all of the wonderful Products
Cabbage Casserole Recipe
1 head of Cabbage
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of buttered bread crumbs
Shred cabbage. Cook 5 to 8 minutes in boiling water with salt. Don't over cook, cabbage should remain crisp. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Alternate layers of cabbage, white sauce see recipe below. Top with cheese and bread crumbs. Cook at 300 degrees for 20 minutes (yield 8-10 servings)
Basic White Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup heavy cream
1cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
To make roux, melt butter in a sauce pot and add flour, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Set aside. Put heavy cream and half and half in a medium size pot. As cream begins to boil, whip roux into cream. Continue to whip until sauce comes to a boil and remove from heat.
Listed below are some of my favorite activities in our area during the month of September. Please don't hesitate to send me an email and thank you for visiting our Blog, Natalie Dillard Cross email@example.com
1. Whiteside Mountain Hike, 15 minutes away from Dillard in Highlands, NC
2. Great Smokey Mountain Rail Road, a scenic train excursion is such a fun way to see the mountains and I love walking around the quaint mountain town of Bryson City, NC www.gsmr.com
3. The Explore Rabun website is a wonderful resource for festivals and activities in our area. www.explorerabun.com
Thank you and please visit www.dillardhouse.com for more information